It’s that time of year: The weather is getting warmer. The grills are being uncovered. The pools are being cleaned. And the ice pop molds are being dusted off. Last year when I made my roasted peaches-and-cream ice pops, I raved about how my purchase of ice pop molds was a total game changer. This year I’ll spare you the soapbox, but I have to tell you how much I love this new ice-pop recipe.
I’m on a mango turmeric kick right now. I just made mango turmeric overnight oats, and I was on a mission to find another recipe to combine these two powerful flavors. Mango is sweet and juicy and beautifully contrasts with turmeric’s bitter, peppery flavor. Plus, they both impart a gorgeous, vibrant orange-yellow color that makes your food just pop!
And then there are the nutrition benefits of this win-win combo. Both mango and turmeric are high in antioxidants; specifically, mango is packed with antioxidant vitamins A and C. And that’s not all. Mangos contain over 20 different vitamins and minerals — talk about a superfruit!
Cool down this summer with this refreshing recipe for Mango Turmeric Lassi Ice Pops. Making ice pops at home is super quick and easy and allows you full control over the ingredients to make sure your family and friends are getting a nutritious treat.
Mango Turmeric Lassi Ice Pops
Yield: 5 or 6 ice pops
2 1/4 cups chopped mango (about 4 mangoes)
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons honey
1. Using a blender, puree the mango until smooth.
2. Transfer mango puree to a small bowl and stir in turmeric, cinnamon and ginger.
3. In a separate medium bowl, mix yogurt and honey until combined.
4. Alternate adding layers of mango and yogurt to ice pop molds, leaving 1/2 inch space at the top.
5. To get a marbled look, run a chopstick or knife through the molds to swirl the layers of mango and yogurt together.
6. Place lids over ice pop molds or insert ice pop sticks. Freeze for at least 4 to 6 hours.
7. To easily remove ice pops from molds, run under warm water for a minute.
Per serving (amount per serving based on 6 servings): Calories 140; Fat 6 g (Saturated 4.5 g); Cholesterol 10 mg; Sodium 20 mg; Carbohydrate 17 g; Fiber 1 g; Sugar 16 g; Protein 4 g; Vitamin A 15% DV; Vitamin C 40% DV; Calcium 6% DV; Iron 2% DV
Mango Turmeric Lassi Ice Pops via @FoodNetwork