If you’re looking for a game-changing veggie burger recipe to wow your guests this July 4th — look no further. Beans are usually a go-to substitute for meat in tacos and chilis, but they’re also versatile enough to make into out-of-this-world veggie burgers.
Ree Drummond’s Black Bean Burgers (pictured below), featured in Food Network Magazine, are easy to assemble and packed with flavor. They’re a delicious substitute for beef that doesn’t skimp on the classic burger texture; Ree mixes the mashed beans with seasoned breadcrumbs, onion and chili powder for a flavorful punch, and cooking the burgers in a hot skillet gives them a beautiful, crispy crust. By topping the burgers with crisp lettuce and juicy tomatoes, you guarantee layers of taste and texture for a delicious cookout meal.
Meatless Monday, an international movement, encourages people everywhere to cut meat one day a week for personal and planetary health. Browse more Meatless Monday recipes.
- 2 cups canned seasoned black beans, drained
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 large egg
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Canola oil, for the pan
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Hot sauce
- 4 burger buns, toasted
- Lettuce and sliced tomatoes, for topping
- Mash the beans.
- Using a fork, mash the beans in a medium bowl until they are mushy but still have some whole bean pieces throughout.
- Make the burger mixture.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, grated onion, chili powder, egg and some salt and pepper into the beans. Add a splash of water if the mixture looks dry. Set aside for 5 minutes. Preheat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and add a few tablespoons of canola oil.
- Form the patties.
- Divide the bean mixture into 4 equal balls and form into 4 nice, neat patties. Black bean burgers don’t shrink when they cook, so whatever size you make them when they go into the skillet will be the size they are when they come out.
- Cook the burgers.
- Cook the burgers until browned, 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Add a slice of Swiss cheese to the top of each burger. Invert a second skillet on top of the first skillet and continue cooking, 2 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Top the burgers.
- Combine the mayonnaise and some hot sauce in a small bowl. Serve the burgers on toasted buns with the spicy mayonnaise, lettuce and sliced tomatoes.
Recipe courtesy of Ree Drummond for Food Network Magazine
Diet freak, don’t worry we have Keto Diet Series for you
Hi Guys, I have just downloaded the Keto Diet Recipe ebook for free , from https://payhip.com/b/9BKb .For more offers follow @foodmady and download your ebook for free now. #freeebook #ketorecipebook #ketorecipeTweet
Do you enjoy it, please like and comment. Don’t forget to share it with others. Download your keto recipe book for free. There is no affiliate link, its Foodmady own store on payhip. Download now
Become a Coffee Sponsor
If you like content, then you can buy me a coffee and become a coffee sponsor. With the help of coffee sponsorship, I will able to make great content! Thank you