- 250 mL whole wheat flour
- 175 mL quick-cooking rolled oats
- 125 mL ground flax seed
- 5 mL ground cinnamon
- 2 mL baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 125 mL lightly packed brown sugar
- 125 mL non-hydrogenated margarine
- 5 mL vanilla
- 250 mL grated carrots
- Preheat oven to 3500 F (1800 C). Lightly spray baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, flaxseed, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- In a separate large bowl, beat egg, brown sugar, margarine and vanilla until smooth. Fold in the flour mixture. Stir in the carrots.
- Drop dough by heaping table spoonful’s (15mL), about 2 inches (5 cm) apart, onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Makes about 24 cookies