- 10 ounces dairy free dark chocolate
- 1 cup of Earth Balance butter
- 4 organic happy free-range eggs
- 2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 10 oz almond meal
- ½ cup sweet white rice flour
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 bar of dairy free mint dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 9×13-inch square baking pan with foil and lightly oil the bottom.
- Using the double boiler method melt the dark chocolate and butter. Stir together to combine. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs on medium high till frothy. Add the brown sugar and beat until the mixture is smooth. Add the melted chocolate mixture into the egg-sugar mixture very slowly and beat well for a good minute. The chocolate will look smooth and glossy.
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients: almond meal, rice flour, fine sea salt, xanthan gum and baking soda; whisk together. Add the dry flour mix into the chocolate mixture one cup at a time and beat well for a minute. Add the vanilla and mint, beat another half a minute or so.
- Layer the chopped mint chocolate over the top of the batter and press them in slightly. Bake in the center of a preheated 350 degree F oven for 33 to 35 minutes, or until the brownies are set. Don’t overcook, gluten free brownies taste better chewy.
Adapted from Gluten Free Goddess
Download now your free ebook now 🙂