Penne pasta, peas and bacon. Talking about comfort food, pasta is way up there in the list of food that not only is easy to prepare, but everyone enjoys and craves it.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 diced very small yellow onion
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 6 thick slices cut into small slices bacon
- 3/4 pound penne pasta
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the pasta. Halfway thru cooking the pasta, refer to package cooking instructions, add the frozen peas to the water
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, add the olive oil over medium-high, and add the finely diced onions and the bacon. Cook until the bacon and onions are crisp but not burned.
- Drain the pasta and peas and add them to the onion bacon mixture. Lower the heat to medium and add the heavy cream.
- Stir well, add more cream if needed and serve immediately.