Macaroni and Cheese mention that besides the Bechamel (white) sauce base Macaroni and Cheese used in this recipe, it is also made as a baked casserole (in other words, using a custard base of milk & eggs).
- ½ c butter
- ½ c flour
- 4 c milk
- 1 c cheddar cheese
- 1 c Parmesan or Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- cooked macaroni
- Make a roux using a half cup of butter (a stick) and half a cup of flour.
- Add 4 cups of heated milk and stir until smooth to complete the white sauce.
- Add cheese and cayenne pepper.
- Finally, mix with a pot of cooked pasta.
Photo by Sebastian Coman Photography on Pexels.com