Welcome to Foodmady once again. If you visit the first time then, and missed our previous recipes of this series, no worries, you can get all recipes by clicking on Lasagne Series. As we have started the Lasagne series, in this series I will post some recipes related to lasagne. Today we will make lasagne with bean sauce and ricotta cheese, so let’s start today recipe 🙂
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1 400g (15. oz) can of navy beans, drained and chopped
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- one package lasagna noodles
- 240ml (1 cup) ricotta cheese ( can be cottage cheese in absence of ricotta)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 240g (1 cup) tomato sauce
- 240g (1 cup) tomato puree
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 100g – 170g (4-6 oz.) package of mozzarella cheese, grated
- 60ml (1/4 cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook lasagna noodles.
- Start preheating oven for 180 C (350 F).
- Sauté garlic and onions.
- Add the chopped beans and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato puree, tomato paste, oregano, basil, and pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- In a 30cm x 20cm (13 x 9 in.) baking dish, form a layer using half the noodles, sauce, cottage cheese, and mozzarella.
- Repeat to form a second layer.
- Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 180c (350 degrees) for 25 minutes, until noodles are tender and sauce is bubbling.
If you enjoy it, don’t forget to like and share with your friends 🙂
Become a Coffee Sponsor
If you like content, then you can buy me a coffee and become a coffee sponsor. With the help of coffee sponsorship, I will able to make great content! Thank you