Hope you are doing well and reading this post while taking sip of cofee, as you already because today is friday 😀 .You already know that we have started Food Facts series,if you come again on foodmady that we have started Did you know series, in which we are posting some interesting facts about food.Let’s start with today food facts 🙂
- Pumpkin seeds are high in zinc, which is good for the prostate and building the immune system.
- They also contain fatty acids that kill parasites.
- Raw pumpkin seeds contain essential fatty acids and beneficial proteins.
- For maximum nutritional benefits, seeds should be eaten raw.
- Roasted seeds contain damaged fat that can lead to plaque in the arteries
- Radishes have antibacterial and anti-fungal properties
- They are a member of the cabbage family
- Radishes contain vitamin C, potassium and other trace minerals
- Grown in Egypt since at least 2780 B.C., radishes were originally black
- Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of carotenoid antioxidants
- They contain calcium, are high in vitamins A and C and contain thiamine
- Be careful: eating too many may cause abdominal swelling and indigestion
- Sweet potatoes are also high in sugar and therefore should be used sparingly
- Sweet potatoes are not related to the potato nor the yam–they are actually a member of the morning glory family
- Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, flavonoids and other phytochemicals with anticarcinogenic properties
- Tomatoes are an excellent source of vitamin C (the vitamin C is most concentrated in the
jelly-like substance that surrounds the seeds)
- They also contain vitamin A and B-complex vitamins, potassium and phosphorus
- A tomato grown in a hothouse has half the vitamin C content as a vine-ripened tomato
Zucchini (Summer Squash)
- Zucchini and other summer squash varieties contain vitamins A and C
- They also contain potassium and calcium
- The flavor of zucchini is best when it is less than six inches long
- Zucchinis can grow as large as baseball bats but have little flavor when they reach this size