If your kids are not eating fruits, but mad for pie then give your pie a twist with Pear.Yup in pie series we are gonna make a Pear Pie, and I am sure your kids will like it.If you you have not known about series, and you are are new visitor, than I want to tell you that we have started Pie Series this month in which we post different recipes only for pie.So let’s start today recipe 🙂
- 2 Pillsbury pie crusts
- 4 fresh Bartlett pears
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- 1½ cups water
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2½ tablespoons cornstarch
- lemon juice (of ½ lemon)
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Core, peel, and slice the pears into ¼ or ⅛-inch segments.
- Add the lemon juice to the pear segments.
- Transfer excess juices to the pie pan.
- In a separate boiling pot, set the water and white and brown sugar to boil to make a simple syrup.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cinnamon, nutmeg, flour, and cornstarch.
- When the syrup is done boiling, bring all of the ingredients together.
- Arrange one of the pie crusts on top of the pie pan.
- Add the pear filling into the pie pan.
- Cover the filling with the other pie crust and make three slits on top.
- Bake in the oven at 350°F for 60 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take out the pie and set to cool.
- If desired, serve warm with ice cream or frozen custard.
If you like the recipe don’t forget to share with others 🙂
Become a Coffee Sponsor
If you like content, then you can buy me a coffee and become a coffee sponsor. With the help of coffee sponsorship, I will able to make great content! Thank you