In our Pie Series, today we will going to make Pumpkin Pie. Yup the delicious pumpkin pie, the main ingredient that we need, is pumpkin.I hope you will enjoy this recipe too as you like our previous Pie Series recipes.Serve your pumpkin pie warm or cold, topped with whipped cream or not! So let’s start today’s recipe
- ¾ cup (180g) granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces – 425g) pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces – 350ml) evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked nine inch pie shell
- whipped cream
- NOTE: 1¾ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice may be substituted for the cinnamon, ginger, and cloves; however, the taste will be slightly different.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (210c)
- Mix sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl; stir in pumpkin and sugar spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into the unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 425°F (210c) for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350°F (180c) 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted near center come out clean. Cool on wire rack 2 hours.
- Let cool and serve.
- Top with whipped cream before serving.
Notes and tips
Before you bake. Make the batter ahead, if you wish, but pour it into the pie shell just before baking to keep the crust crisp.
During baking. The baking instructions start with a high oven temperature, then direct you to reduce the heat partway through baking. This is an important step which allows the crust time to crisp.
Is it done? Insert a knife near the center of the pie to test for doneness, as the center will still cook after you take the pie out of the oven.
If you like the recipe don’t forget to share with others
Become a Coffee Sponsor
If you like content, then you can buy me a coffee and become a coffee sponsor. With the help of coffee sponsorship, I will able to make great content! Thank you