I am back with a new pie recipe for Pie Series. Today we are going to make Raisin Crumb Pie. It sounds weird but not in taste. Raisin Crumb Pie makes two pies. So let’s start today’s recipe.
- 1 pound raisins
- 1½ cups cold water
- 3 cups sugar (divided)
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup shortening
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, well-beaten
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Wash and clean raisins and add the cold water and 1½ cups of sugar.
- Cook until the raisins are tender and plump.
- Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 440°F.
- Mix the flour, 1½ cups of sugar, and the shortening, crumbling well with the fingers. Take out one cup of these crumbs and set aside.
- To the remaining crumb mixture, add the eggs and milk; mix well.
- Stir in the baking powder.
- Line two large pie tins with pie crust and fill with cooked raisins. Pour over this the batter and sprinkle the top with the cup of reserved crumbs.
- Bake in a hot oven at 440°F for 10 minutes, reduce heat to moderate oven (350°F), and finish baking, about 35 minutes.
If you like the recipe don’t forget to share with others
Become a Coffee Sponsor
If you like content, then you can buy me a coffee and become a coffee sponsor. With the help of coffee sponsorship, I will able to make great content! Thank you