I am back with a new pie recipe for Pie Series. Today we are going to make Spinach PiePascualina is a spinach pie that is often eaten in Uruguay. It is made with spinach or silverbeet, sauteed onions, and a homemade pastry. You can cheat and make it with a store-bought puff pastry. Please do feel free to add suggestions in the comment section. So let’s start today’s recipe
- 3 onions chopped finely
- 1 kg frozen spinach (defrosted)
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg freshly grated
- 250gms cream cheese or ricotta
- 6 eggs
- 4 sheets frozen puff pastry
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Egg wash
- Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Saute onions until golden.
- Add spinach, cream cheese, nutmeg, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir through until all ingredients are mixed together. Put aside to cool slightly.
- Line a rectangular tray with puff pastry ensuring the pastry reaches right up to the edge of the tray.
- Spread out the filling over the puff pastry, and with a spoon make 6 holes in the filling so you can pour in the whole eggs. #Crack eggs one by one and pour into the holes.
- Cover the pie with more pastry sealing the edges.
- Brush the pastry all over with egg wash and bake in a hot oven for 40 minutes until the pastry is golden.
- Serve with roasted sweet potato and steamed green beans.
If you like the recipe don’t forget to share with others
Become a Coffee Sponsor
If you like content, then you can buy me a coffee and become a coffee sponsor. With the help of coffee sponsorship, I will able to make great content! Thank you