As you know we have started Chicken Series, so we are going to add some chicken-related recipes. Today we are going to make Chicken Tikka Masala. Chicken tikka masala is a dish based on chunks of Indian-style roast chicken (Chicken Tikka) cooked in a Tomato, Curry sauce, originating in Britain but intentionally recalling Indian dishes.
There is no standard recipe for chicken tikka masala, a survey found that of 48 different recipes the only common ingredient was chicken.The sauce usually includes tomato and either cream or coconut cream and various spices.. So let’s start today’s recipe
- 675 g(1.5 lb) cooked Chicken Tikka
- 2 tbs mustard seed oil (see Notes, tips and variations below)
- 4 large cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 200 (7 oz) onions, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tin (can) of plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1-4 chopped fresh green chillis (depending on strength of the Chillis and the desired strength of the sauce)
- 2 tbs chopped fresh cilantro (coriander leaves)
- 50 ml (4 fl oz) single cream
- 1 tbs malt vinegar (or tamarind extract)
- 2 tbs curry paste
- 2 tbs tandoori masala paste
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tbs garam masala
- Heat the oil in a wok (if available, otherwise a large frying pan).
- Add the garlic and onions (if using) and stir-fry until browned.
- Add the curry pastes and mix well, adding a little water or yogurt.
- Add the cooked chicken tikka and stir-fry for two minutes to heat through.
- Add the tomatoes, vinegar, tomato paste and chillies and simmer for five minutes. Add more water if required.
- Add the cream, garam masala and chopped cilantro and simmer for a few minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve with Naan bread, rice coloured yellow with turmeric, onion bahjis and/or a glass of white wine.
Notes, tips and variations:
- Mustard seed oil is considered unfit for human consumption in many parts of the world and is therefore not always available. A poor alternative can be made by crackling 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds in approximately 2 tbs of very hot vegetable or olive oil. Allow to cool then use in place of mustard seed oil.
- Powdered or dried ingredients can be substituted for fresh ones, but at the expense of taste.
Try our chikken tikka recipe too
Afraid of weight gain, no worries we have Keto Diet Series for you
Hi Guys, I have just downloaded the Keto Diet Recipe ebook for free , from https://payhip.com/b/9BKb .For more offers follow @foodmady and download your ebook for free now. #freeebook #ketorecipebook #ketorecipeTweet
Do you enjoy it, please like and comment. Don’t forget to share it with others. Download your keto recipe book for free. There is no affiliate link, its Foodmady own store on payhip. Download now
Become a Coffee Sponsor
If you like content, then you can buy me a coffee and become a coffee sponsor. With the help of coffee sponsorship, I will able to make great content! Thank you