We have started other Did You Know Series, fruit facts. Today we will talk about Banana facts. A banana is an elongated, edible fruit – botanically a berry – produced by several kinds of large herbaceous flowering plants in the genus Musa. In some countries, bananas used for cooking may be called “plantains”, distinguishing them from dessert bananas.
The fruit is variable in size, color, and firmness, but is usually elongated and curved, with soft flesh rich in starch covered with a rind, which may be green, yellow, red, purple, or brown when ripe. The fruits grow in clusters hanging from the top of the plant. So lets start in breif
Did you know these facts about banana?
- Bananas are the fruit produced by various banana plants.
- When rip they are typically lengthy and curved with a soft inside protected by a yellow pores and skin (peel).
- Bananas can be found in different colors, including red.
- Banana plants are not trees, they are a kind of herb.
- Humans have grown bananas for thousands of years.
- Most species of banana plant originated in Southeast Asia.
- Bananas grow in large, hanging bunches.
- A row of bananas is sometimes called a ‘hand’, whilst a single banana is known as a ‘finger’.
- The average banana weighs around 125 grams.
- Bananas contain around 75% water.
- Bananas have high nutritional value and are a healthy snack.
- Lady Finger bananas are small, sweet and have especially thin skins.
- Plantains are harder and contain less sugar than normal bananas, they are often used in cooking.
- Wild bananas grow with large, hard seeds.
- India is the leading producer of bananas.
- Bananas sent overseas are picked green and ripened under special conditions when they reach their destination.
- Fiber taken from banana plants can be used to make clothes.
- Bananas include a lot of potassium, making them greater radioactive than different fruits.
Love banana, try diffrent recipes of bananas
Are you diet freak or want to loose weight too, no worries we have Keto Diet Series for you.