We have started other Did You Know Series, fruit facts. Today we will talk about Orange facts. Orange trees are widely grown in tropical and subtropical climates for their sweet fruit. The fruit of the orange tree can be eaten fresh or processed for its juice or fragrant peel. As of 2012, sweet oranges accounted for approximately 70% of citrus production. So let’s discuss this in brief.
Did you know these facts about Orange?
- The orange is a citrus fruit and is a hybrid of the pomelo and mandarin.
- Oranges have been grown since ancient times and originated in Southeast Asia.
- As of 2010, Brazil grows one-third of all the world’s oranges.
- California and Florida are large producers of oranges in the US.
- Around 85% of all oranges produced are used for juice.
- Marmalade is an orange jam.
- Oranges have a high amount of vitamin C.
- Oranges are domesticated so you are unlikely to find them growing naturally in the wild.
- Because oranges do not spoil easily and are full of vitamin C during the years of world exploration sailors planted orange and other citrus trees along trade routes to prevent scurvy which is a disease that develops from a deficiency of vitamin C.
- It is believed that Christopher Columbus was the first to bring orange seeds to America during his second voyage to the region in 1493.
- There are now over 600 varieties of oranges worldwide.
- There are typically ten segments inside an orange.
- Ideal conditions for growing oranges are in sub-tropical areas that have good amounts of sunshine yet moderate to warm temperatures (15.5°C – 29°C (60°F – 84 °F).
- Orange peel can be used by gardeners to sprinkle over vegetables as a slug repellent.
- The white orange blossom is the state flower of Florida. It is highly fragrant and has long been used in weddings as cake decoration, in bridal bouquets, and in head wreaths. The blossom essence is an important component in the making of perfume and the petals can also be made into “orange blossom/flower water”.
Love oranges try following recipe
Diet freak, don’t worry we have Keto Diet Series for you
Hi Guys, I have just downloaded the Keto Diet Recipe ebook for free , from https://payhip.com/b/9BKb .For more offers follow @foodmady and download your ebook for free now. #freeebook #ketorecipebook #ketorecipeTweet
Do you enjoy it, please like and comment. Don’t forget to share it with others. Download your keto recipe book for free. There is no affiliate link, its Foodmady own store on payhip. Download now
Become a Coffee Sponsor
If you like content, then you can buy me a coffee and become a coffee sponsor. With the help of coffee sponsorship, I will able to make great content! Thank you