As you know we have started Chicken Series, so we are going to add some chicken-related recipes. Today we are going to make Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts. So let’s start today’s recipe.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbs salt, divided
- 1 tbs freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 cup cornbread, crumbled
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 3 dried apple rings, finely minced
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- Olive oil
- Combine 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, cornbread, fruit, jelly, and cheese. Pour into a gallon (4 liter) size zip-top bag with a very small hole snipped in one of the bottom corners.
- Using a narrow boning knife, make a slit in one of the chicken breast’s side, but not all the way through. Repeat until all chicken has been cut.
- Fill the slits 2/3 of the way full with the cornbread mixture. Brush the edges with honey and press together to seal. Tie closed with kitchen twine.
- Place the chicken in a large roasting pan. Brush with olive oil and season each piece liberally with remaining salt and pepper.
- Insert a probe thermometer in one of the pieces, but not touching stuffing. Place pan in the center of a 400F (205C) oven and cook until internal temperature reaches 165F (74C)
- Remove to a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Let rest 7 minutes before removing thermometer and untying. Serve warm.
Do you enjoy it, please don’t forget to share with other
Become a Coffee Sponsor
If you like content, then you can buy me a coffee and become a coffee sponsor. With the help of coffee sponsorship, I will able to make great content! Thank you