As you know we have started Chicken Series, so we are going to add some chicken-related recipes. Today we are going to make Chicken and broccoli stir fry. So let’s start today’s recipe.
- powdered ginger (optional)
- soy sauce
- oil to fry with, possibly including sesame oil
- sesame seeds
- Cut chicken into small pieces.
- Chop the broccoli head into medium-small pieces, perhaps 1.2-inch diameter. Cut the stalk to be like disks, 1/8-inch thick.
- Place oil in a wok and turn on the heat. High temperatures can produce a better result, but require rapid stirring to prevent burning. Slow beginners should use lower temperatures. Split the cooking into batches as needed to ensure that your wok is not too full; there should be plenty of room to stir and toss the food in your wok. You may prefer to cook each ingredient separately, then mix them at the end.
- Place sesame seeds into the wok. Stir fry them until they are golden-brown. Remove them, and put them aside for later.
- Stir-fry the meat. Drain juices and add more oil as needed.
- Add soy sauce. For a typical wok full of food, add a tablespoon. If using low-salt soy sauce, you can add much more without making the food too salty.
- Add back the sesame seeds.
- If using ginger, add about 1/4 teaspoon, depending on taste. Ginger is somewhat hot.
- Add the broccoli, stalks first. When done, the broccoli should be just slightly softened. Broccoli should end up being very bright green, losing the bluish cast but not gaining any hint of a yellow-brown cast
Do you enjoy it, please don’t forget to share with other