As you know we have started Chicken Series, so we are going to add some chicken-related recipes. Today we are going to make Beer-can Chicken.
Beer-can Chicken is a barbecued chicken dish and method of indirect grilling using a partially-filled can of beer that is placed in the chicken’s cavity prior to cooking. It has been suggested that the dish possibly originated in the U.S. state of Louisiana. So let’s start today’s recipe.
- 1 recipe spice rub (or use your own recipe)
- 2 bay leaves, crumbled
- 1 12-ounce (slightly more than a 330ml can) can of beer
- 3-4 pound (1.5 – 2kg) chicken (dressed)
- Poke holes all over chicken to let fat run out during cooking.
- Rub chicken thoroughly with spice rub: inside and out, and then under skin as far as you can reach
- Set aside chicken.
- Remove upper racks from oven.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- When oven preheated, take a healthy drink of the beer, leaving about 9 or 10 ounces.
- Crumble bay leaves into beer, in beer can.
- Insert beer can firmly into chicken cavity.
- Place chicken upright in shallow heatproof pan.
- Bake chicken upright until thickest part is 165°F (73°C) , an hour or an hour and a half.
- When removing chicken from oven, keep upright.
- Rest chicken upright 15 minutes before removing beer can.
Tips, Notes, and Variations
- A disposable drip pan will save you a lot of cleanup (and a lot of flares on the outdoor grill).
- This is really best on a charcoal grill, on medium heat.
Diet freak, don’t worry we have Keto Diet Series for you
Hi Guys, I have just downloaded the Keto Diet Recipe ebook for free , from https://payhip.com/b/9BKb .For more offers follow @foodmady and download your ebook for free now. #freeebook #ketorecipebook #ketorecipeTweet
Do you enjoy it, please like and comment. Don’t forget to share it with others. Download your keto recipe book for free. There is no affiliate link, its Foodmady own store on payhip. Download now
Become a Coffee Sponsor
If you like content, then you can buy me a coffee and become a coffee sponsor. With the help of coffee sponsorship, I will able to make great content! Thank you