Kombdi Vade is a Malvani dish, which is quite popular in Maharashtra(India). The dish consists of the traditional Malvani chicken curry (including chicken pieces with bones), vade, onion, lemon, and sol kadhi (a drink made from coconut milk).
As you know we have started Chicken Series, so we are going to add some chicken-related recipes. Today we are going to make Malvani chicken curry, so let’s start today’s recipe.
- 800 g (1.8 lb) or 8 medium-sized pieces of chicken
- 1 coconut grated
- 4 onions chopped
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp Malvani Special Masala
- 8 green chilies chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 tbs garlic paste
- 2 tbs oil
- salt to taste
- finely chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
If you don’t have garam masala or want to prepare at home, try following recipe
- Grind half of the green chilies to a paste and mix it well with the ginger and garlic pastes.
- Make cuts on the chicken pieces, rub this mixture on to them well and marinate for about an hour at least.
- Roast coconut shavings in a little hot oil till light brown. Cool and grind along with half the onions to a paste.
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan and sauté the onions on medium level for about 2 minute(s) or till they are light brown in color.
- Add the remaining chopped green chilies, spice powders and fry for a few seconds. Add the marinated chicken pieces and fry on medium level for about 3 minutes or till they are lightly browned.
- Add the paste, salt and mix well. Add water according to the desired level of consistency and bring it to a boil. Cover and cook on low level for about 25 minute(s) or till the chicken pieces are tender and fully cooked.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
Wanna give try our previous chicken recipe, try following