Hi all, today we are going to make Chicken Soup
As you know we have started Chicken Series, so we are going to add some chicken-related recipes. Today we are going to make Chicken Soup.Instead of long-simmered stock, we start with store-bought chicken broth and water but enrich them with stock vegetables and the carcass, bones and meat of a leftover roast chicken. so let’s start today’s recipe.
- Carcass and bones from one 4- to 5-pound roast chicken (or a mild-flavored rotisserie chicken)
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 medium carrots, sliced into
- 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 2 celery stalks, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup white rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Kosher salt
- Put the bones and carcass from a leftover chicken (they can be in pieces) in a large pot. Cover with the broth and 4 cups water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Skim any foam or fat from the broth with a ladle as necessary.
- Remove the bones and carcass with tongs or a slotted spoon; set aside to cool. Add the carrots, celery, onion and bay leaf to the broth, bring back to a simmer and cook until the vegetables are about half cooked (they will still have resistance when tested with a knife but be somewhat pliable when bent), about 10 minutes. Stir in the rice (to keep it from sticking to the bottom), and cook until the grains are just al dente, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, when the carcass and bones are cool enough to handle, pick off the meat, and shred it into bite-size pieces.
- When the rice is done, add the meat to the broth and simmer until warmed through, about 1 minute. Stir in the parsley, and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt or more to taste. Serve hot.
Content Courtesy: RECIPE COURTESY OF FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN
Do you enjoy it, please don’t forget to share with other
Become a Coffee Sponsor
If you like content, then you can buy me a coffee and become a coffee sponsor. With the help of coffee sponsorship, I will able to make great content! Thank you