Chicken pot pie
Today we are going to make a chicken pot pie. A chicken pot pie is a type of baked savory pie with a chicken filling and covered in flaky crusts top and bottom and baked in its own pie tin. There are several recipes for chicken pot pie available in this cookbook. So let’s start today’s recipe.
- 1 package pie crusts
- 1/3 cup margarine (or butter)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 cups chicken, cooked
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Prepare pie crusts as directed on package for two-crust pie using a 9-inch pie pan.
- In a medium saucepan, melt margarine over medium heat.
- Add onion; cook 2 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt, and pepper until well-blended.
- Gradually stir in broth and milk; cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly and thickened.
- Add chicken, corn, and peas; remove from heat.
- Spoon chicken mixture into crust-lined pan.
- Top with second crust and flute; cut slits in several places.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Diet freak, don’t worry we have Keto Diet Series for you
Hi Guys, I have just downloaded the Keto Diet Recipe ebook for free , from https://payhip.com/b/9BKb .For more offers follow @foodmady and download your ebook for free now. #freeebook #ketorecipebook #ketorecipeTweet
Do you enjoy it, please like and comment. Don’t forget to share it with others. Download your keto recipe book for free. There is no affiliate link, its Foodmady own store on payhip. Download now
Become a Coffee Sponsor
If you like content, then you can buy me a coffee and become a coffee sponsor. With the help of coffee sponsorship, I will able to make great content! Thank you